For new or additional access to the Student Information System, you need to request security clearance by completing some or all of these forms:
Steps to Request Access
I. Complete the SIS Authorization Form
- Print the SIS Authorization (opens in new window) form.
- Complete the form’s header with your personal information.
- Place an ‘A’ for “Add” next to each Role you need.
– For assistance on what the various roles will grant you, reference the SIS Security Role Catalog (opens in new window).
– If requesting access to Student Groups (SR_USG), refer to Student Group Codes (opens in new window).
– If asking for update access (bold items), access is received after attending training on that topic.
- Get all proper signatures:
– Dept SIS Authorizer
Tip: View approved Authorizer List Excel (opens in new window) for appropriate signatures.
- Fax form to 608.265.0667 or scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and keep original for your records.
II. Complete the SIS Compliance Form
- Print the SIS Compliance (opens in new window) form.
- Read the form.
- Complete the form’s header information.
- Sign the form.
- Fax form to 608.265.0667 and keep original for your records.
- For additional information on FERPA, we recommend the ‘Guidelines for Faculty and Staff‘.
Note: Only complete this form if you have never had SIS access in your current position.
III. Register for Training
Register for each training course needed.
- Go to Learn.
- Click ‘Instructor-Led Training’.
- ‘Register’ for desired course(s).
- If you ask for update access (bold items), access is received after you attend training on that topic.
- The SIS Security Role Catalog (opens in new window) describes which training courses correspond with the various role(s).
- If the training schedule does not fit your needs, contact email@example.com for assistance.